Monday, September 8, 2008

Universal Remotes

Why does everyone have so many universal remotes? If it's universal, don't you only need one? Every electronic device I buy comes with one. The one I have for the tv in my bedroom broke, so I had to go to Circuit City and get a universal remote to replace it. The real replacement was somewhere near $29.99 plus shipping. Unfortunately the universal remote doesn't have a sleep time function, so the tv stays on 'till all hoursof the morning. I'm sure that it has cost me more in the long run in electricity than it would have to buy the exact replacement, but I digress.

If they are universal should they work with everything and do everything? Am I asking too much of a 30 year old piece of infrared technology? I think not! The solution? A simple light timer purchesed at ACE hardware for $5.99. Take that remotes.com!

1 comment:

WOJO said...

peep this "remote"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rHzknb1zsTA